Per Diem Transportation Driver
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and support for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
This Transportation Driver will provide transportation to not only our Veterans but any medical appointments within the county to ensure safe delivery of each passenger during the duration of the ride.
- Maintain a valid Drivers’ license with a clean driving record
- Drivers are expected to maintain the cleanliness and safety of vehicles and will be given proper equipment for safety measures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule up to 20-40 hours per week
- Able to interact with co-workers and passengers in a friendly and culturally sensitive manner
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality.
- Able to life 30 lbs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITIES
- Complete all paperwork prior to every trip including sign out log and vehicle trip report
- Transportation of non-veteran drives if need be within the county
- Ability to record confidential information of each veteran
- Complies with all federal, state and local traffic regulations
- Refuel vehicles when needed and keep them with a minimum of ¼ tank of gas
- Provide transportation to veterans and people with disabilities to ensure they arrive for their appointment prior to their scheduled time.
- Have a compassionate and respectful attitude towards all passengers