POSITION TITLE: Outreach Coordinator Part time/Full Time
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing community partnerships and sharing the mission and vision of BRIDGES and its affiliates/subsidiaries. The Outreach Coordinator will attend community meetings and events as well as internal strategic planning meetings to reach the community. The Outreach Coordinator should have a full understanding of all areas of services offered by BRIDGES.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain community relationships that support the mission and programs of BRIDGES
- Attend community events sharing our mission and building relationships in the community
- Sit on various community collaborative meetings and groups as a representative of BRIDGES
- Develop an outreach plan on a yearly basis
- Create and maintain a calendar of outreach events in the community
- Track interactions to measure the needs of the community and a successful path for referrals
- Educate and refer individuals to BRIDGES’ services and programs
- Must be able to travel throughout Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties (Some weekends and nights might be required)
- Be familiar with the current health care environment, benefits and entitlement programs and the Independ Living Philosophy
- Provide presentations as needed on BRIDGES, Disability Awareness or specific programs
- Undergo necessary trainings annually to keep up to date on Disability related regulations (ADA) and changes that may impact the disability community
- Participate in various BRIDGES fundraising and community engagement events
- Support growth of various programs at BRIDGES by establishing appropriate referral sources including:
- Discharge Planners at Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- Schools and Colleges (Disability Offices)
- Local Community Centers and various other community outlets
- A Bachelor’s Degree, plus a minimum of one to two years’ experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Office, Social Media and virtual conferencing applications as well as excellent computer skills required
- Able to work independently in an effective and efficient manner
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be able to travel locally and regionally for appointments.
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel policies, HIPAA and all procedures
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates both in the office and out in the community in a respectful and confidential manner.
People with disabilities and Veterans, highly encouraged to apply!