SPECIALTY: Consumer-Directed Personal Assistance Program
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
BRIDGES acts as a Fiscal Intermediary in a NY State Agency with Choice model, that allows people with disabilities who are Medicaid and long term care eligible to recruit, interview, hire, train and dismiss their own employee known as a Personal Assistant (PA).
The position will have timekeeping responsibilities for Personal Assistants and the Program Specialist will work closely with the CDPA Team to ensure all enrollments are completed with satisfaction.
- An Associate’s Degree (A. A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Familiarity with the overall concept of Medicaid and the home care industry
- Familiarity with the Independent Living Philosophy and CDPA
- Must be Bilingual/ Spanish
- Capable of communicating with and in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Must be able to travel when needed for home visits
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point a knowledge of EVV a plus.
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Effective and collaborative team player
- A valid NY State Driver’s License or a reliable transportation source to travel locally
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse exclusion check
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry
- Facilitate consistent learning and development on DOH and DOL standards to ensure program compliance
- Monitor and communicate with staff and Personal Assistants regarding information that may affect the status of in the program, including; health assessment status, Medicaid exclusion, work permit or ID expiration, etc., to ensure compliance
- Maintain roster of CDPA Consumers for monthly checks
- Assume timekeeping responsibilities of all Personal Assistants on roster
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service/trainings
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensuring work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Additional duties as assigned