Halloween is an international celebration synonymous with fun, candy and parties. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has cautioned that many traditional Halloween activities can be high-risk for contracting the COVID-19 virus. Knowing this, Palisades Center tenants and partners have worked together to develop Halloween contests, events and special offers for Clarkstown residents and other guests that are safe and will leave everyone, especially our littlest guests, with a memorable experience.
“As a father of young children, I’m happy to see local businesses, like Palisades Center, developing safe and creative ways for children to enjoy Halloween during the pandemic,” said Clarkstown Councilman Patrick Carroll. “I encourage our community to participate and wish everyone a safe and healthy Halloween.”
- Adaptive Halloween Costume Contest
Two of Palisades Center’s tenants, BRIDGES and TARGET have joined together to bring accessibility and inclusivity to Clarkstown and Rockland County with their Adaptive Halloween Costume Contest. BRIDGES works to remove barriers, improve accessibility and enhance quality of life for people with disabilities. TARGET has developed an adaptive Halloween costume line that is sensory friendly and designed with people with disabilities in mind.
“When you design for people with disabilities in mind, everyone benefits,” said Carlos Martinez, CEO and President of BRIDGES. “We want to make sure that a fun day like Halloween is accessible for everyone.”
“TARGET is proud to partner with BRIDGES with our clothing line to bring accessibility and inclusivity to the community,” said Jocelyn Boez-Espinosa, Executive Team Leader (HR), TARGET. “TARGET’s adaptive clothing line is sensory friendly and made with people with disabilities in mind.”
“As one of the largest shopping centers in the country, we wouldn’t be anything without the people that make it up,” said Darrin Houseman, General Manager of Palisades Center. “We think the collaboration between TARGET and BRIDGES is a wonderful thing that symbolizes the fact that everybody needs to be included.”
To enter the contest, submit a photo(s) of you, your family member, or friend wearing an adaptive costume. A TARGET costume is not required; however, the costume must be adaptive and wearable by a person with or without a disability. All eligible submissions will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $200 TARGET gift card. Photos will be posted on BRIDGES’ and TARGET’s social media sites. Submissions can be emailed to [email protected] or uploaded to https://forms.gle/HjVxRdhGFDJd1hKQ7 by Monday, October 26. The winner will be announced the week of October 26.
More informaiton on the partnership and mission can be found by visting https://youtu.be/EiVL7LHI8CY.
- Pumpkin Carving and Design Contest
Palisades Center has teamed up with NYMetroParents’ Rockland Parent magazine for a virtual Pumpkin Carving and Design Contest. Enter your child’s pumpkin artistry, whether a carved jack-o’-lantern or a decorated pumpkin, and you may win a Family Day at Palisades Center. Two winners, one editors’ pick and one with the most votes, will each with a $50 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods, a $20 Wendy’s gift card, and two complimentary passes to Palisades Climb Adventure. Bonus: Many entries will be highlighted on NYMetroParents’ and Palisades Center’s Facebook and Instagram! Pumpkin pictures can be submitted online at https://www.nymetroparents.com/pumpkin-contest/. The contest ends on November 4.
SPECIAL EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Revive your youth and engulf new stories with the help of Barnes & Noble’s Halloween Books and Spooky Tales collection.
- Enhance your fall and Halloween décor with a homemade piece from Color Me Mine. This paint-your-own pottery studio has Halloween pieces to reflect your personality and bring out your inner artist. You can also obtain a free Halloween-themed coloring sheet by visiting https://nyack.colormemine.com/pumpkin-patch-coloring-sheet/.
- Glitter & Glam is hosting a socially distant Halloween Bash with a Descendents theme. Participants will receive a glittery make-over, themed manicure and villain up-do. They will also have fun participating in a wicked dance party with special guests Mal and Evie. The event is taking place on October 25 from 10:00am-11:30am and costs $49.95 per child. Registration is required by calling 201-970-4526 x 3.
SWEET THEMED TREATS
- Cold Stone Creamery is turning their original Cake Batter Ice Cream™ pitch black until the end of October. Get your hands on the Treat or Treat™ Creation™ in a black or orange waffle cone before it’s gone.
- Chili’s Spider Bite ‘Rita will leave you howling for more. It’s made with Lunazul Tequila, Cointreau, Blackberry and fresh sour. This specialty drink is only available through the end of October.
- IHOP will get you in the spirit with their Mr. Mummy Pancake. This delicious option is one large green pancake topped with cream cheese icing “bandages”, banana slices and chocolate chip eyes, and a purple whipped icing smile. Better yet, kids get Mr. Mummy for free October 26-October 30.
- The Disney Store has a limited selection of authentic costumes from Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Princess and more. A wider selection can be found on com.
- Spirit Halloween is the world’s number one Halloween store offering the largest collection of kids and adult Halloween costumes at unbeatable prices.
For more information on new and opening retail, dining and entertainment attractions at Palisades Center, visit www.palisadescenter.com.
About Palisades Center
Palisades Center is a four-level shopping center offering 225 brands, 16 sit-down restaurants, a bowling alley, ice rink, the world’s tallest indoor ropes course, comedy club, and more. With its unique and diverse merchant mix, Palisades Center is the go-to place for local shoppers and tourists alike. To learn more, visit www.palisadescenter.com, www.facebook.com/palisadescenter, www.twitter.com/palisadescntr, or www.instagram.com/palisadescntr.
About Pyramid Management Group, LLC
Pyramid Management Group is one of the largest, most innovative, privately-held real estate developers in the northeast. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Pyramid’s portfolio of dynamic shopping, dining and entertainment destinations and expanding hospitality presence dominate the northeast with 14 properties located throughout New York and Massachusetts. For 50 years, Pyramid has built its reputation on being first, fast, ahead of the curve and always what’s next, leading the industry in combining the best elements of traditional retail with world-class dining and entertainment, all under one roof. For more information, visit www.pyramidmg.com.