Title: Tenant Project Manager/Estimator
This position is responsible for the organization, implementation, and day-to-day management of the mall operations with a heavy focus on Tenant Coordination. This position works with the Director of Operations to help maintain and enhance the value of the property at the highest possible level and the lowest possible cost.
Duties & Responsibilities:
General duties and responsibilities may include any and /or all of the following:
- Review of all tenant drawings for landlord criteria compliance as outlined in the Tenant Design Handbook and building, Tenant Construction Manual, and in accordance with building/ fire codes. Maintain communication with tenant and tenant’s representatives and consultants to manage the entire design process including coordination of tenant’s design
requirements, and approval of tenant’s preliminary and final plans. Will also work closely with leasing representatives providing input on lease negotiations relative to construction items, generate construction cost estimates for proposed landlord work to deliver space to new tenants and coordinate with finance. Work with tenants General Contractor and vendors as the landlord representative to oversee tenant construction. Oversee any landlord construction as it pertains to the tenant’s project.
- Maintains open communication with town officials to help determine what improvements and developments would be mutually beneficial for both community and the company. Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the local building officials to help coordinate construction documents relative to local and state building code requirements and submittal for building permit. Participate in inspections and walk-through as well as follow up on items required for Certificate of Occupancy and/or project close out.
- Develop, monitor, direct and implement aggressive project schedules, relocation of existing tenants, design, bidding, procurement of long-lead items, permitting, and construction pertaining to capital expenditures (CapEx), common area maintenance (CAM), development projects and tenant build outs.
- Establish and monitor preliminary and final construction budgets for CapEx, Cam, development, and tenant coordination projects, including tracking of cost variances, identifying opportunities for savings and, exposures, and presentation of individual project and overall summary reports to upper level management. This also includes identifying value-engineering options and implementing value-engineering strategies that result in cost savings, simplified construction, and/or reduced timeframes.
- Perform construction administration services including identifying and qualifying interested bidders, preparation of bid packages and solicitation of bids, bid review and analysis, negotiation of contractor pricing, selection of contractor and final contract negotiations. Monitor construction activities and schedules, review and approval of applications for payment coordination of owner-supplied material and equipment, interface with contractors, vendors and tenant’s on-site representatives, and preparation of project punch-list and close out.
- Monitor the process of gaining control and making available the proposed tenant’s spaces including interdepartmental coordination, negotiations for relocation of existing tenants, modifications to mall common area, demolition of existing conditions, re-demising and delivery of space.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure high quality merchant relations related to operational functions in their stores. Review and interpret leases and lease exhibits to determine area of responsibility, coordinating with in-house attorneys as needed.
- Actively participate in site review meetings, with tenant’s leasing, operations, and construction representatives and documentation of landlord/tenant work scopes.
- Monitor life safety and liability exposure throughout the shopping center and determine the best possible way to prevent risk and exposure. Actively participate as a member of the center Safety Team to monitor existing conditions of the Center and formulate plans to correct any deficiencies in an expeditious times frame. Identify potential ADA deficiencies in the review of tenant drawings as well as in the shopping center, and work to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Serve as Manager on Duty on assigned days, including select weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, Building Administration, Construction Administration, or related fields (architecture / design/construction).
Five years experience in general building operations, property management or, construction management, and one to three years supervisory experience, budget preparation, cost control and energy management. In addition, candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrate experience in personnel management and merchant customer relations.
The requirement of this position requires candidates to be self-motivated with a strong desire to achieve success. They must possess strong interpersonal skills, must have the ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate keen attention to detail. Possess experience and ability to read and understand architectural and engineering design and construction drawings, experience and familiarity with construction methods and sequencing, construction scheduling, construction cost estimating, project management, construction administration, and a proficiency in computer software applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and other related programs required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level and work environment varies between a general office environment, outdoors, and a busy shopping center.
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt-Learned Professional