POSITION DESCRIPTION: The primary responsibilities of the role is to provide intake services, counseling and support through community and technology resources. This role ensures that individuals with disabilities and family members are provided with the information, referrals, and supports needed. Counseling will provide individuals with access to all that BRIDGES has to offer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to make home visits to clients as needed
- Conduct intakes, assessments and information and referral to people in need of a variety of services including; Vision services, Home Care, Medicaid/Medicare, SSI & SSDI, and other areas BRIDGES can support.
- Manage work week schedule throughout Orange and Rockland to ensure needs are being met( Job will require ability to work in both counties on a regular basis)
- Ability to organize and facilitate virtual support groups
- Address concerns and needs and develop strategies to help
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured.
- Complete all paperwork and applicable reporting requirements (State and agency) needed for filing and billing purposes
- Advocate and raise awareness on behalf of clients and the needs of the community
- Make appropriate referrals to appropriate staff and supervisor of the department that can provide needed support
- Conduct follow up calls with each intake provided in order to evaluate effectiveness of information and services delivery
- Must be flexible and possess good written and oral communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Fluent in English and Spanish a plus
- Experience in health care setting or social service a plus
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be able to travel locally and regionally for appointments in Rockland and Orange County.
- Person-Centered, relationship builder, persistent, provides positive reinforcement when appropriate, empowering, creative, flexible, self-motivated, liaison skills, non-judgmental approach, organizational skills
- Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel policies, HIPAA and all procedures
- Establishes and maintains a strong attention to detail, insuring work is accurate and complete, and adheres to all established deadlines
- Other duties as assigned