FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage Managers and Administration
Reports to: General Manager
Develops, implements and maintains quality standards for restaurant and simulator facility, including supervision and direction of service staff. Ensures excellent customer service standards are maintained. Leads in creating Memorable Guest Moments.
♦ Organizes and conducts pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes, house counts, etc.
♦ Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept clean, well-stocked and organized.
♦ Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and schedules needed maintenance and repair.
♦ Assists guests in the functionality of their golf simulator.
♦ Circulates throughout the restaurant facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
♦ Greets guests at tables to ensure complete guest satisfaction and attention to guest needs.
♦ Ensures established cash handling procedures are utilized to accurately charge customers.
♦ Creates sales and log reports. Monitors restaurant budget and takes action to minimize expenses. Reports on financial performance, inventory, and personnel.
♦ Tracks stock levels of food, china, glassware, silverware, and other supplies and equipment, forecast needs, and oversees ordering as necessary.
♦ Conducts regular inventory counts and implements procedures to monitor assets.
♦ Oversees daily restaurant activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, room service and general clerical/cashier duties.
♦ Responsible for working with GM in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
♦ Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Ambassadors, Servers, Bartenders, and Bussers.
♦ Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests for comprehension.
♦ Adheres to and enforces employee compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards.
♦ Regular and reliable attendance.
♦ Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Business Administration, or a related field
• Previous Managerial Experience
• Experience in restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems (e.g. POSITOUCH and MICROS) and on-line Reservation Systems, Inventory Controls, Scheduling/Labor Management, Financial Forecasting
• Experience in Purchasing, inventory management, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
Frequently stands, walks, talks and listens. Regularly uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, taste or smells. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally works in extreme heat, wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate. Available to work flexible hours/schedule as required.
ServSafe Certified Food Manager (Food & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English)
• Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages
• Working knowledge of wine, spirits and regional cuisines
• Demonstrates Leadership ability including skills to communicate and express ideas and directives clearly to associates
• Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to client needs.
• High level of active listening skills and strong client service skills which includes the ability to resolve issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Professional and courteous demeanor
• Ability to create high performance teams and to be a strong team player
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to company values
• Organizational development abilities with a strong focus on individual and team advancement
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to maintain effective financial accountability to the company and to the ownership
• Complete and comprehensive understanding of the physical infrastructure, food and beverage controls and financial back office systems of a hospitality/food service environment
• Working knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and current trends.
• Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to Troon employees, clients and vendors
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.