FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Operations, Food & Beverage, Front of House
Reports to: Restaurant Manager, Other Department Manager, or Director of Food & Beverage
Serves guests food and beverage items in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Creates memorable dining experiences through personalized and genuine interactions.
• Prepares restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order.
• Assists with setting tables and rearranging tables to accommodate larger parties.
• Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
• Describes specials of the day to the guests. Answers questions regarding any menu item and offers suggestions of menu items when appropriate.
• Presents menus and assists guests in selecting food and beverage items.
• Delivers food to guests promptly after preparation.
• Confirms orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever a clarification is requested.
• Ensures guest satisfaction. Anticipates guest needs, replenishes items as needed, and maintains a clean and clutter free table.
• Participates in pre-shift meetings and taste tests.
• Maintains organized workstation and side work duties.
• Accountable for checks and cash transactions. Utilizes the Point of Sale System properly and strives for 100% accuracy in all charges and transactions.
• Follows established training and systems for taking, placing, and delivering orders.
• Follows established standards for greeting, cocktail service, food delivery and general service techniques.
• Collaborates with other servers, kitchen and bar staff before, during and after meal service periods to execute a “Member/Guest Comes First” approach.
• Practices proper tray service for all food and beverage service.
• Works closely with restaurant management to immediately address all guest concerns
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years’ Server experience preferred
• Proven exemplary customer service skills
• 2+ years’ experience with a restaurant POS software platform
Frequently stands and walks; uses hands; reaches with arms and hands; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches; talks or hears. Occasionally sits; climbs or balances. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds. Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
ServSafe Certified (Food Handler & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Meets state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages.
• Working knowledge of POS system.
• Attention to cleanliness and safety.
• Must have legible handwriting.
• Patience and customer-oriented approach.
• Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
• Responsible and trustworthy.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.