POSITION TITLE: Intake Specialist
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living. The Intake Specialist embodies the independent living philosophy and understands the purpose and significance of the services at BRIDGES for those calling and inquiring. In full support of the mission, the Specialist ensures that individuals with disabilities, family members, friends, professionals and businesses, are heard and provided with the information, referral, and supports needed all while experiencing quality services.
The Intake Specialist is the initial point of contact for the agency. This employee will gather critical information on each person or business served in any capacity and is responsible for ensuring that information is entered into the proper agency data system. They ensure that important release documents, notices and intake documentation for each service has been disseminated and/or maintained appropriately. In addition, the Specialist participates in evaluating and reporting on performance and quality improvement measures for services provided.
The Intake Specialist is responsible for delivering consistent and professional service to the community with any health, human or social service needs via telephone, in person, e-mail or other forms of communication and is responsible for implementing various quality assurance measures to ensure consumer satisfaction and general compliance with reporting protocol.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English, including Spanish, Creole, ASL, etc. preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Strong familiarity with disability issues and have experience with the disability community
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills, able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Must have a high degree of professionalism and understanding of confidentiality
- Good organization skills and strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to work with other departments
- Maintain strong work ethics, and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality and supportive intake meetings to each person seeking services at BRIDGES.
- Process information for each person or business that is essential to demonstrating successful services
- Document every instance where information and or a referral was offered
- Provide information on community resources available to people, especially when such services cannot be offered by BRIDGES.
- Refer people in need of various services offered by BRIDGES to appropriate staff and supervisor inter-agency
- Conduct follow up calls with each intake provided to evaluate effectiveness of information, follow through and service delivery
- Provide written report on survey/follow up status for each person served on a monthly basis
- Document reporting on quality service levels and collaborate with management on feedback for improvement
- Employ critical thinking and effective communication skills, work independently, and make recommendations to improve process
- Be familiar with the current health care environment, benefits and entitlement programs and the Independent Living philosophy
- Follow guidelines for quality improvement
- Complete mid-year and annual statistical reports and validate data accuracy
- Capable of communicating effectively with a diverse group of professionals in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service or training events as needed