SPECIALTY: Consumer-Directed Personal Assistance Program
BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
BRIDGES acts as a Fiscal Intermediary in a NY State Agency with Choice model, that allows people with disabilities who are Medicaid and long term care eligible to recruit, interview, hire, train and dismiss their own employee known as a Personal Assistant (PA).
The Program Specialist assumes responsibility for time and attendance functions for consumers and personal assistants.
- Must be Bilingual–Creole Or Spanish
- Familiarity with the overall concept of Medicaid and the home care industry
- Familiarity with the Independent Living Philosophy and CDPA
- Capable of communicating with and in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally for meetings and worker enrollments when needed
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Effective and collaborative team player
- Experience with Electronic Verification Systems
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage.
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse exclusion check
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have experience in Consumer Directed Personal Assistance (CDPAP)
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry
- Facilitate consistent learning and development on DOH and DOL standards to ensure program compliance
- Monitor and communicate with staff and participants regarding information that may affect the status of a personal assistant, including; health assessment status, Medicaid exclusion, work permit or ID expiration, etc., to ensure compliance
- Monitor daily entries into the electronic visit verification system
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service/trainings
- Facilitate community outreach at key locations and designated events
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensuring work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Additional duties as assigned.
BRIDGES is committed to a common language and values to describe the culture and behavioral expectations for all stakeholders, including people served, employees, and visitors.