FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage Front of House
Reports to: Restaurant Manager or Other Department Manager or Director
Assists servers in providing efficient service by keeping the room neat and clean. Creates memorable dining experiences through personalized and genuine interactions.
♦ Assures that all material used by server is clean and ready for daily operation.
♦ Prepares dining room for guests by setting tables and stocking all necessary supplies prior to the beginning of service.
♦ Fills and refills water glasses and removes any place settings not in use.
♦ Clears dishes located in front of guest upon completion of meal course.
♦ Clears and resets tables when guests leave, to include but not limited to: changes tablecloth, brushes chairs, places chairs at table, replaces silverware and glassware, and replaces napkins.
♦ Assists the server when needed or requested.
● Practices proper tray service for all food and beverage service
♦ Keeps work stations well stocked of items and ingredients.
♦ Maintains a clean and sanitary bussing station.
♦ Clean workstations, takes out trash, and vacuums the dining room.
♦ Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
♦ Regular and reliable attendance.
♦ Performs other duties as required.
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in a restaurant.
Frequently stands, walks, talks and hears. Frequently uses hands. Regularly reaches with arms and hands. Occasionally climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, tastes or smells. Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather); may come into contact with fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is moderate.
ServSafe Certified (Food Handler & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
● Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
● Meets state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages
● Strong ability to multitask
● Strong communication skills
● Attention to cleanliness and safety
● Patience and customer-oriented approach
● Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
● Responsible and trustworthy
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.