POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Bookkeeper is responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, GL Chart of Accounts, basic bookkeeping, bank reconciliation, data analysis, auditing procedures, payroll, and human resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain financial records as they relate to daily activities of the organization.
- Overall bookkeeping responsibilities as they relate to Accounts payable and receivables, bank reconciliation, expense coding and validation.
- Preparation and distribution of insurance forms for employees; filing of documents, follow up and problem solving as it relates to Group Insurance and other claims forms.
- Investigates discrepancies to ensure the validity of transactions stemming from business activity.
- Track payroll data, prepare purchase orders, responsible for Petty Cash; vouching, expense allocation, coding, data entry and periodic audit.
- Reconciliation of cash and credit cards. Ensure that credit card payments are being applied to the proper A/P accounts.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the Finance Manager/Comptroller or the Executive Director.
- Minimum of three years of experience in all areas of bookkeeping with an Associate’s Degree or Certification in Accounting or Bookkeeping. Four year degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets, MS Office, and Social Media applications and excellent computer skills required
- Able to work independently in a friendly and efficient manner
- Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel policies, HIPAA and all procedures
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates both in the office and out in the community in a respectful and confidential manner.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position