DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking an Assistant Store Manager to lead store operations overseeing all Hardlines departments.
On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
As an Assistant Store Manager – Hardlines, you will be responsible for achieving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results by supporting the Store Manager and overseeing the specific operational aspects of the Hardlines areas of the store. You will directly manage a team of associates assigned to the Hardlines Departments and have a dotted-line responsibility for managing associates in other areas of the store when serving as Head Coach (Manager on Duty).
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Manage the sales performance of the Hardlines department to meet sales and margin goals
- Uphold DICK’S Sporting Goods standards for merchandise presentation and stockroom organization
- Hold associates accountable for meeting established operational guidelines, brand standards, customer service expectations, and company policies
- Manage associate performance matters, including appraisals, promotion recommendations, and discipline
- Review candidate applications, interview, hire and on-board/train hourly associates for the Hardlines departments
- Validate schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met, including scheduling associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures; may serve as store “Shrink Coach”
Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals
Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations
Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition
Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance
Incorporate your customer’s perspective when defining success
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.