We blinked, and the holidays were upon us! There’s no slowing down now. Black Friday is here – but don’t worry. We have your back. We’ve pulled together an “insider” guide with ways to make your family’s traditional shopping experience memorable and safe. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
TAKE SAFETY SERIOUSLY
Your safety is our number one priority. Palisades Center is taking every precaution to ensure your safety as well as our employees. Take a look at our comprehensive safety and sanitizing measures. Safety is a shared responsibility, so please do your part. Before you visit, review our Healthy Shopper Guidelines, which must be followed by all guests.
- Wear a mask. As per New York State mandate, a mask MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while visiting Palisades Center. The mask must cover your nose and your mouth. A mask under your nose or hanging under your chin, is not going to cut it. Do your part and cover up. If you need a mask, a Palisades Center Security Guard will gladly provide one free of charge. Stop by the security desk located on Level Three behind Wendy’s and ask for one. No excuses. Mask up!
- Social distance. Stay at least six feet from others that are not in your party while walking, riding the escalator, or standing in lines. Try to limit elevator use and opt to use the escalators, if possible. If you decide to utilize an elevator, please maintain a distance of six feet from others while riding. If that is not possible, let it go and wait for the next one.
- Use hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers placed on the elevators and digital directories and throughout the property. Please use them.
- Don’t walk and eat/drink. New York State mandates that all food and beverages be consumed while seated. Palisades Center is no different. Please finish your meal while seated. When you walk around, you must wear your mask.
- Don’t talk on the phone with your mask off. If you absolutely have to hold a phone conversation without your mask, please go outside and social distance at least six feet. Masks are required while you are on the phone.
- Follow the directional floor prompts. To keep traffic flowing the same direction and ease congestion, one-way, directional signage has been placed on doors, floors and digital screens throughout the property. Please follow them.
- Stay home. If you are sick, have a fever or show any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Any guest or employee with a temperature greater than 100.00°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will not be permitted to visit the property.
SHOP EARLY—DEALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
To cut down on the crowds and long lines, we strongly encourage you to shop early. Many retailers have already kicked off their Black Friday deals, so why not take advantage of them? To let you in on a little secret… some of the same deals you are seeing now, will be the same ones offered on Black Friday. Check the Palisades Center sales page regularly. Retailers will be adding or updating new sales daily.
ENJOY THANKSGIVING AT HOME
This year, for the first time, Palisades Center will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving. So, you can skip spending it shopping with us this year.
Palisades Center doors will be locked from after closing on Wednesday, November 25 until 5:00AM Black Friday morning.
BLACK FRIDAY PLANNING
If you shop on Black Friday, make the most of your time by planning out your day. Review our online digital directory to map out the stores you plan to visit. Once you have your plan, designate who in your party will shop at each store. Share your lists so that one person can get everyone’s wish list items at each specific retailer.
Plan out where you need to park to shop efficiently. Remember which entrance you parked near to assist with your shopping plans.
GINORMOUS SHOPPING BAG
The Ginormous Holiday Shopping Bags are back! Stop by on Level One within the East Court for a free bag and coupon book between 8:30 and 10:30AM on Black Friday.
TAKE A FOOD BREAK
There are 30+ restaurant and food venues inside Palisades Center that will be open to accommodate your hunger pangs. Shoppers may even want to make reservations in advance or do carry-out options, to avoid waiting in line.
VISIT SANTA CLAUS
Yes, Santa is returning on BLACK FRIDAY! There will be plenty of fun and magic to go around with Old St. Nick but to ensure safety, new guidelines have been implemented for the Santa Set. Reservations are strongly encouraged with walk-up visits available as space allows throughout the day. Best practices will be followed, including maintaining a social distance of at least 10 feet from Santa, face masks, and enhanced cleaning between visits. For more information on the safety measures being taken based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, click here. Santa is located within the ThEATery Court on Level Four outside Target and will be available to take photos and meet families on Black Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. For Santa’s hours for the rest of the season, click here.
Select retailers and restaurants are offering curbside service. Stores offering this service will be noted on the online directory. This list is subject to change, so remember to call ahead to confirm if your store will be able to provide this service. A map of our curbside pickup locations and a list of stores can be found here.
BE KIND & HAVE FUN
The holiday season is the “most wonderful time of the year”, but it can also be stressful. As we navigate our way through this shopping season, with new social norms, we ask that you help us spread smiles and joy by being patient and kind. Everyone at Palisades Center wants you to enjoy a safe and memorable shopping experience.