Job Title: Store Manager
Reports To: Regional Director
Manage a men’s high grooming end retail store engaged in selling by performing the following duties personally or through staff.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties.
- Drive sales for products and services to customers.
- Maintain in-store merchandising standards to increase store profitability.
- Support sales promotion initiatives and activities and prepare, or direct team preparing, merchandise displays.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for accountant, or performs work of subordinates, as needed.
- Communicate and track employee goals.
- Effectively track and report sales performance for entire store.
- Conduct on site training at the store level.
- Actively recruit to minimize open positions in the store.
- Coach individual performance and motivate team.
- Provide on-site training as needed.
- Ensure accurate inventory levels to reduce shrink and improve the customer experience.
- Ensure compliance of employees with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Respond to customer’s complaints or inquiries.
- Lock and secure store.
- Ensure timeliness of store opening/closing.
- Additional/other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Sales – Sales driven, consistent top performer, driven to deliver results, successfully and efficiently meets and exceeds goals
- Customer Service – Provide welcoming and knowledgeable superior customer service, exceptional communication skills, responsible for entire customer experience, and ambassador of the brand. Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Generate repeat business; Clientele; Meet commitments.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibit confidence in self and others; Inspire and motivate others to perform well; effectively influence actions and opinions of others; Accept feedback from others; Give appropriate recognition to others.
- Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions; Display orientation to profitability; Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; Align work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete tasks correctly and on time; Support organization’s goals and values.
- Motivation – Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles; Measure self against standard of excellence; Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organize or schedule other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Initiative – Volunteer readily; Undertake self-development activities; Seek increased responsibilities; Take independent actions and calculated risks; Look for and take advantage of opportunities; Ask for and offer help when needed.
- Innovation – Display original thinking and creativity; Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Measurement for success:
- Achievement of sales goals
- Achievement of budget goals
- Passion for winning.
- Passion for the brand and company
- Flexibility to transition with the company
- Team player
- Self motivation
- High volume of repeat customers due to exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to train, and encourage staff to exceed goals
- Ability to receive and give direction
- Consistently demonstrate high integrity and honesty.
- 10+ years of previous retail experience; 3 years minimum in management role.
- Successful track record for high volume business growth and bottom line results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, email and other current technologies
- College degree preferred
Physical Demands: include but may not be limited to standing for long periods at a time and lifting/pushing/unpacking/storing shipments up to 10 lbs.