The Seasonal Receiving Associate, also known as a Back of House Associate, is responsible for providing a great shopping experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service and accurate processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building. Duties include receiving activities, packing and shipping, reverse logistics, sustainability and other duties as needed.
Typically in late November, incumbents in this role will shift into the exciting Fulfillment area, where they will collaborate with the store team to deliver results in a friction-free shopping environment through fulfillment picking, packing, shipping and other duties as needed.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy’s magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don’t forget – just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Essential Functions in Receiving:
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority.
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment.
- Maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include checking fitting room stalls.
- Sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor immediately as time permits.
- Support Omni Channel initiatives.
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise movement needs with other tasks (floor moves, seasonal sets, fixture needs, etc.).
- Execute receiving, merchandise processing, packing/shipping and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include processing inbound merchandise to floor ready standards by removing packaging and placing sensors per MMPS standards.
- Delivery of processed merchandise to appropriate sales floor drop zones, first quality packing standards and processing of fulfillment orders and reverse logistics (damages, transfers, RTVs), accurate outbound trailer execution.
- Collection and sorting of hangers, sensor tags, trash and recycling throughout the store.
- Organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas including sales floor, building lamping, and customer carryout and special delivery as needed.
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing, merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, stockroom maintenance).
Essential Functions in Fulfillment:
- Complete fulfillment orders including picking merchandise, packing & shipping orders, and making in store pickup orders ready for customers.
- Learn and apply packing policies & techniques to make sure every customer gets their package in good condition.
- Process returns for fulfillment orders.
- Conduct customer pick-up including retrieving orders from our back-of-house storage and delivering them curbside.
- Learn and apply in store tools & technology such as handheld devices, MyShip, and POS systems.
- Participate in the other support functions or assisting the in-store customer as needed.
- Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are followed.
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the People Leader.
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.