The Seasonal Cosmetics/Fragrances Associate is responsible for providing professional service to customers by selling and demonstrating cosmetics and fragrances, as well as contributing to the success of the department. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy’s magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don’t forget – just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise according to customer service techniques and professional selling skills
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Explain and demonstrate use of cosmetics through actual application
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Alert Cosmetics Counter Manager or Cosmetics Sales Manager of inventory and other inaccuracies
- Attend product training classes and seminars and participate in pre-selling drives to maximize sales
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Previous selling experience is desired, preferably in cosmetics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment during constant periods of high volume. • Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
- Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
- Must be flexible in regards to hours worked.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.