Do you want to work for the coolest brand on the planet? Five Below’s where you go to kick-start your career into full gear. We’re a Philadelphia-based brand and one of the fastest growing retail chains in the United States with over 500 stores in 31 states. We only sell the coolest, trendiest, high-quality products pre-teens and teens really want, all at $5 and below. And what about our work culture? It’s one of the best around filled with high-energy, positivity and motivation. Five Below is like no other brand out there. So, do you want to get in on the hype now? Thought so. Check out the position description below and find out if we are right for you!
What does the Sales Associate do?
If you want to be at the beat of the Five Below pulse, our part-time Sales Associates get right in the middle of all store action. Perfect candidates have an undying passion for delivering amazing customer service, while also driving high sales results. Key traits include having amazing people and selling skills, a keen eye for ensuring merchandise is on the floor in an organized fashion, keeping the floor stocked-up flawlessly and providing super smooth transactions at the register.
How do they do it?
The sales associate embraces and lives the Five Below Value! These values translate into creating the coolest brand on the plant, where talented people want to grow their careers…and here is how!
Wow the Customer: Put the customer first and make a difference in people’s lives
Unleash Passion: Check your ego at the door and do what you say you will do
Hold the Penny Hostage: Treat Five Below like your own business and hire talent that will do the same
Achieve the Impossible: Set the bar high for self and team and make sure to take risks
Work Hard, Have Fun, Build a Career: Come to work ready to take on the day, create a fun atmosphere and recognize the team for all the efforts
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures and policies
- Responsible for cash handling procedures
- Reviews and responsible for all corporate communications applicable to their assigned area
- Assists in merchandising procedures
- Responsible for maintaining assigned area
- Sets and maintains Market Plan and other merchandise directives
- Assists with execution of company data integrity process
- Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers
- Interacts with and assists customers
- Assists in receiving and stocking procedures
- Unloads merchandise from trucks
- Checks in shipments
- Stages merchandise for the sales floor
- Packs out merchandise
Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, as dictated by store needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Standing entire shift
- Frequently operate cash register
- Frequently move merchandise weighing up to 25 lbs and places/removes merchandise up to a height of 5-10 feet
- Frequently ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and put away stock
- Frequently position self to kneel, bend, and stoop, including in the stock room and on the sales floor
- Frequently communicate and exchange information with customers and coworkers on the telephone and face-to-face in the store. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Frequently move across the sales floor assisting customers, as well as to and from the stock room retrieving and putting away merchandise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Creative thinking
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure