- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations using the loan book to check merchandise into and out of departments
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives
- Understand customer preferences and exercise judgment when deviating from company directives to appeal to specific customer base
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Additional education training in art or merchandising is preferred.
Merchandise presentation or visual presentation experience is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions
- This position Involves heavy lifting, constant moving, standing, and reaching with arms and hands.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours, lift at least 30 lbs.
- Will involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must possess vision and creativity.
- Basic knowledge of art, design, fashion, and interior decoration.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.