The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for follow-up/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions (SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket University.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery and signing.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs