Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Receiving Associate, also known as a Back of House Associate, is responsible for driving a great shopping experience for our in-store and omni channel customer through completing all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. Duties include but are not limited to receiving activities, packing and shipping, fulfillment picking, and other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Unpack merchandise from vendor boxes and remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
- Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines
- During peak times, complete fulfillment orders including picking merchandise, packing & shipping orders, and making in store pickup orders ready for customers
- Learn and apply packing policies & techniques to ensure every customer receives his/her package in good condition
- Process shippable returns and abandoned in store pickup order
- During peak times, conduct customer pick-up including retrieving the orders from our back-of-house storage and delivering them curbside to the customer
- Monitor alerts to ensure Ready On Time completion of Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPS) orders.
- Pick Not Found merchandise to improve fill rate as business needs require
- Expedite aged orders to improve the Speed-to Ship to our customers. Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Assist in replenishment of stock onto the sales floor
- Assist in inventory process and markdown process
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance set
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs