With a role in the Macy’s Cosmetics Department, you will have the opportunity to help others look their best every day. You’ll make one-on-one connections with customers to learn their sense of beauty and style, develop your artistic side through customer consultation and make-up and product application, and attain a sense of accomplishment when your skills combine with your passion for beauty to reach personal and team sales goals. Previous cosmetics experience is nice to have, but is not required to begin a career in beauty at Macy’s. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Be proficient in Point of Sale and Mobile Point of Sale systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise according to customer service techniques and professional selling skills
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Explain and demonstrate use of cosmetics through actual application
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Attend product training classes and seminars and participate in pre-selling events to maximize sales
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
- Be on standby in case business volume should require additional Cosmetics assistance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs