Prestige Team Leader is responsible to drive sales and service the customer across the Beauty department. They are the prestige cosmetics authority who consistently role models a best in class service experience while helping customers and training associates. They provide outstanding customer service with expertise across multiple brands, they have a keen awareness of current trends and leads a team.
Connects the business priorities to the daily activities of all associates.
- Understand how brand training, events and product strategies drive sales.
- Communicates with vendors and store leadership to execute events based on the marketing calendar to achieve sales plan
- Understand product strategies by Quarter/Season and provide clear direction to drive sales.
- Review and analyze business performance – daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results.
- Review productivity levels, provide coaching/feedback, and partner store leadership on team performance.
Be a product educator and beauty enthusiast.
- Has advanced authority and expertise in the total prestige cosmetic business.
- Introduce customers to beauty products and build a rapport to identify hidden needs.
- Self-motivated to stay current on brand related product knowledge and beauty trends.
Inspires teamwork to achieve sales goals and elevate the customer experience
- Build trust and foster teamwork across the entire Beauty department. Supports cross-brand selling environment. • Offer the customer compelling experiences, opportunities to discover products, and relationships that keep them coming back.
- Clearly model behavior and articulates activities that support elevating the customer experience.
- Leverage My Client. Provide outstanding service – whether that be in person, virtually or on the phone.
- Drive client acquisition through awareness and engagement in our Loyalty program.
Models a curiosity to learn that drives both self and team development.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning through personal behaviors, product demonstrations and peer to peer learning. • Remain up to date with all training from designated brands.
- Attend relevant brand schools and virtual trainings as needed.
Promotes strong team engagement and encourages recognition.
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop associates on company policies, procedures, product knowledge, and team/individual productivity goals.
- Train Beauty team on all unassisted brands and department key items. Support onboarding internal and external new team members.
Supports operational excellence.
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs).
- Present a clean well-maintained beauty department with associates following Macy’s Corporate hygiene standards.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs