Date: Sep 28, 2020
Location: W. Nyack, NY, US, 10994
Company: BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Sorts, displays, removes, and replenishes fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department. Maintains the overall environment of the department by providing assistance to Members through product knowledge and customer service. Ensures that all produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department. Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce standards
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness and variety. Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked. Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and condensed daily.
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged, spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Produce Supervisor with inventory and order processing as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes all produce equipment, display fixtures, and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display cases.
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced and signed.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City