The Part Time Sales Manager (PTS), in partnership with the store management team, leads the overall productivity for their store. The PTS responsibilities include supporting the management team in driving financial results, customer experience, employee retention, and delivering brand standards of operational and merchandising execution. The PTS supports the team in fostering a positive work environment to ensure employee and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for the coaching, training, and performance of the store team. The PTS consistently abides by Our Values: Act with Integrity, Exceed Expectations, Succeed Together, Inspire Innovation, and Invest in People.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
Developing Effective Teams
- Communicates professionally and effectively in all interactions including customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Regularly communicates associate concerns to the Store Manager for quick resolution.
- Fosters a positive work environment by capitalizing on opportunities to train, coach, and redirect the team.
- Assists in hiring; actively recruits, completes candidate review and prescreen to ensure open positions are filled quickly.
- Offers consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching to store team.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase employee engagement.
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to take appropriate action on that feedback.
- Maintains the Company standard of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Leads and inspires positive customer interaction by proving direct feedback and supervision of associates on the in-store experience.
- Consistently models the Brand’s service standards and omni-channel experience by coaching/training others to success.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR) through a high level of planning and detailed follow through.
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and responds to customer concerns timely and with appropriate resolution.
- Effectively analyzes business results and takes necessary action to drive key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Assists in executing the management of labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and productivity.
- Regularly communicates with store manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Utilizes customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to implement strategies to drive results.
- Builds customer loyalty through the company sponsored programs (Rewarding Moments/PLCC program, etc.).
- Supports management team with Asset Protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Executes Company directives within set timelines including visual, signage, markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Analyzes product levels and utilizes reactionary merchandising to maintain store presentation standards.
- Partners with management team on planning and the execution of store processes and sales promoting.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures including safety and security.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, Associates degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in retail store management.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Working knowledge of computer/ technology (Outlook, Excel, Web navigation).
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee. Minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts range from 3-8 hours in length (applicable state laws apply).