Date: Sep 28, 2020
Location: W. Nyack, NY, US, 10994
Company: BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Receives, rotates, cuts, wraps, and merchandises fresh and processed meats, including grinds. Assists in merchandising of seafood, prepared foods, cheeses and pre-packed deli and assists in the rotisserie chicken area and full service deli. Assists in meat selection and cuts special meat arrangements for Members. Maintains all sanitation and safety standards within the meat department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Engages and provides assistance to our Members by making recommendations along with answering questions regarding meat, poultry, and seafood. Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by Members.
- Cuts, grinds, and/or processes fresh meats to company cutting standards. Weighs, packages, wraps, and labels cuts of meat, poultry, and seafood to company packaging standards.
- Makes sure the meat case showcases all currently available products. Ensures the meat department maintains an appropriate level of inventory.
- Ensures the meat, seafood, prepared foods, and cheese cases are fully stocked. Rotates meats, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses according to expiration dates. Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged and/or expired products.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas in the meat department, including the meat cooler, freezer, and refrigerated display cases.
- Inspects and stores meat upon delivery. Ensures that all received meats meet or exceed company quality standards.
- Receives and unpacks meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses in the meat cooler and freezer.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including placing orders and working in other departments as needed.
- Completion of a training program/apprenticeship required.
- Previous meat cutting experience required.
- Knowledge of automatic/hand wrapping machines preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which may require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a cooler area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City