POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the daily operations of The IDDATI Program. The role of the IDDATI Case Manager is to provide case management and supervisory services for participants in the IDDATI (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Alternative to Incarceration) Program. The IDDATI Case Manager is also the advocate and liaison between the participant, the Rockland County District attorney’s office, legal representation, Rockland County Courts and service providers with in the community.
- Bachelors in Human Services, Social Work, or Psychology preferred.
- Experience working with those living with Intellectual /Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to successfully manage ones emotions in challenging situations.
- Understanding of person centered and strength based practice.
- Strong familiarity with Independent Living Philosophy.
- Experience with understanding the needs of those justice involved.
- Skilled in the delivery of motivational interviewing.
- Be effective at handling confrontation.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills required; able to interact in a respectful, supportive and confidential manner.
- Possess the ability to work as a member of a case management team.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
- Efficient to communicate in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able to travel locally to appear at Court during Judicial monitoring occurring quarterly or more.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and video conferencing applications.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace.
- Candidate will be required to disclose associations and/or family members under the supervision of parole or probation or currently incarcerated
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITIES
- Supervise and monitor participant’s progress in the IDDATI Program.
- Conduct intake/assessment of prospective participants.
- Employ assessment procedures during intake and through the duration of individual’s participation in the Program.
- Collaborate with participants in the development of Service Plans and regularly review and revise goals.
- Provide Case management services with person centered focus.
- Identify and connect participants to services to support problem life areas based on assessment of history, current relationships and supports, any immediate needs and recommend service plan objectives. This includes obligatory services.
- Work collaboratively to case conference with behavioral health providers, treatment centers, and county and state agencies located in primarily Rockland County but not limited to, Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Ulster Counties and the five boroughs, County Jails, Department of Corrections and Community Supervision locations.
- Capture and maintain person centered progress notes.
- Create Court reports as necessary citing participant’s progress in participation and all other Program/Court related documentation as necessary.
- Attend and organize IDDATI stakeholders meetings as directed by the Program Coordinator.
- Organize Case Presentation/Case Conference meetings with services providers and the IDDATI Team as necessary.
- Attend Judicial Monitoring of Participants at the Rockland County Court House, as necessary.