Pyramid Management Group, LLC. One of the largest owners/managers of premier shopping centers in the Northeast, is seeking a Full-Time Facility Coordinator, to join our Maintenance Department at the Palisades Center Mall, located in West Nyack, New York. Palisades Center is among the top 12 largest shopping centers, with an impressive, unique, and extensive mix of retail, dining, and entertainment venues. With over 24 million annual visitors, Palisades Center is a popular destination for both local and out-of-town shoppers.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
• 30 days waiting period for company paid medical insurance, RX, and dental/vision
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage,
• 401 (k) program.
• Tuition Reimbursement
The ideal candidate will help maintain /enhance the value of the property through repair and maintenance of Center structures, furnishings, systems, and equipment at the least cost in order to contribute to the maximization of the Center’s profitability.
The Duties & Responsibilities are as follows, and include but are not limited to;
– Assist in managing all building systems, including repairs and PM services as requested.
– Schedules any work that needs to be done by outside contractors or agencies.
– Supervises and schedules mechanics to ensure proper coverage for Center.
– Develops, maintains, and keeps an inventory of supplies appropriate for keeping the Center as well kept as directed at the lowest possible cost.
– Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards.
– Develops safety standards as directed and ensures conformance to these standards.
– Develops Preventive Maintenance procedures as directed and ensures compliance with the procedures.
– Assists in hiring decisions of all mechanics and provides for proper training of all such personnel.
– Calculates, verifies and approves hours on employee time records
– Prepares and conducts 90 day and annual performance reviews of maintenance mechanic and Exterior Janitorial staff
– Maintains time and production records of all workers supervised.
– May perform activities of workers supervised.
– Under direction of the Operations Director, assists General Contractors in coordination of tenant construction and expansion.
– Must be prepared to act as Manager on Duty on assigned weekends
– Required to participate in safety committee to promote safety standards, procedures and awareness
– Assists Customers when and where necessary.
Supervisory Experience: Directly Supervises 4 or more non-nonsupervisory employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; ensuring employee are following appropriate safety standards; addressing complaints and solving problems.
Education Requirements: college degree preferred; OSHA Certificate preferred
Experience: Five years building maintenance experience, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry work, janitorial.
Other Qualities: Bi-Lingual a plus (Spanish).
Ability to read and interpret blueprints
Ability to operate and have an understanding of equipment, hand and power tools, electrical equipment, lifts, and vehicles.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The work is approximately half office and half field work, as dictated by daily needs. Days and hours may vary. The noise level in the work environment is equivalent to a busy shopping mall.