DATE: March 12, 2021
CITY: West Nyack, NY, US, 10994
Req #: 104168
Location Name: Palisades Center, West Nyack
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America’s largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories. The company operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group. Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide. The Camuto Group owns licensing rights for the Jessica Simpson® footwear business, and footwear and handbag licenses for Lucky Brand® and Max Studio®. In partnership with a joint venture with Authentic Brands Group, Designer Brands also owns a stake in Vince Camuto®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, CC Corso Como®, Enzo Angiolini® and others. More information can be found at www.designerbrands.com.
General Summary: Sales Associates provide friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales Associates execute the company’s customer service model while always putting the customer before any task. Sales Associates will perform the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, cashiering, store operations, and merchandising. Sales Associates must demonstrate behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. Sales Associates must comply with all policies and procedures associated with the position, including maintaining at least a 95% attendance record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service and Engagement – Greets every customer in the store with a helpful and friendly attitude, reading customer cues to match service level to their expectations. Explains the DSW Rewards program and its benefits, answers questions about merchandise for the customers, and directs customers to appropriate merchandise within the store.
- Cashiering and Cash Handling – Rings up customer transactions while following the DSW cash handling policies and register procedures. Counts money, makes change, verifies amount, and issues receipts. Reads and interprets price ticket information, operates a calculator, and enters data via terminal keyboard.
- Store Operations – Maintains a clean and organized store. This includes, but is not limited to, picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
- Merchandising – Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Customer service skills
- Professionalism, friendliness, and respect
- Proficient in use of technology to manage customer transactions either on (e.g., iPad, Tablet, registers)
- Operate a calculator
- Operate a terminal keyboard
- Read and interpret price ticket information
- Must have the ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing or walking around the register area, the sales floor, and the storeroom.
- Lifting, including the ability to lift up to a maximum 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Merchandising, Warehouse, Part Time, Sales, Retail, Manufacturing