Full Time positions in New York State
Rockland, Bronx County and Upper Westchester County and Lower Manhattan
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
As a key member of our Donor Recruitment team, you will work within an established geographic territory (Rockland, Bronx and Westchester and Lower Manhattan) with long term and new accounts and utilize your keen sales and customer service skills to maximize recruitment strategies to ensure that we meet/exceed monthly and annual blood collection goals for the hospitals that we serve.
• Working within an established geographic territory with long term accounts while also developing new business within your assigned territory, maximizing relationships to achieve monthly/yearly collection goals.
• Working with internal departments and accounts in the scheduling and planning of their blood drive events.
• Identifying new accounts and markets and participating in civic/community organizations to build new donor opportunities.
• Ensuring all standard operating procedures and policies are followed.
• Promoting central marketing programs.
• Handling other related functions as needed.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred), or an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or a High School Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience, along with the ability to effectively speak in public, and a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in sales, marketing or customer service (in addition to the years’ experience in the educational requirement). The ability to plan short/long term goals, speak in public, execute events, develop effective blood drive strategies, and work a “non-traditional” schedule that may include Evenings/Weekends will all be expected, as will the ability to meet collection goals/objectives, and a valid driver’s license. Superior time management, oral/written communication, interpersonal, multitasking and PC (Word, Excel, Outlook) are essential. Bilingual skills preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online, at:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityR