BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Processes Member purchases in a courteous and friendly manner, including verifying, renewing, upgrading and offering several types of membership products, scanning merchandise, and accepting various forms of payments. Provides excellent member service in an efficient and productive manner. Maintains the overall cleanliness of the front-line department
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Exhibits clear understanding of all BJ’s Membership options, Including the importance of renewals, upgrading to our BJ’s Perks programs.
- Offer all appropriate membership products such as membership renewal, EASY renewal option, My BJs Perks programs and awards redemption.
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Checks Members out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for Members. Fills shopping carts when necessary and assists at self-checkout stations.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from members.
- Issues receipts or change due to Members.
- Stays up to date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and redeeming coupons.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the frontline area. Assists in general club housekeeping when necessary.
- Returns re-sellable merchandise to the sales floor area.
- Manages self-checkout and scan and pan lanes. Assists Members with operations and technical difficulties.
- Required to meet cashier productivity expectations.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Prior cashier or sales experience preferred.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.