POSITION TITLE: Café Associate ( Part of Full)
Position Description: The Café Associate is responsible for the successful operation of the café. He/she manages, and oversees the café operations to ensure customers receive the highest level of customer service possible.( Cafe’s are located at Suffern Library, New City Courthouse, Congers and Pomona).
- Must possess strong organizational and writing skills. Candidate must also be flexible, respectful, creative and person-centered.
- High School or GED required and Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be highly motivated & be able to work independently
- Experience in food and beverage service is preferred not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- An understanding of food and beverage operations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a liaison between the café and all other departments, communicating relevant information as needed
- Establishes, monitors and analyzes the café inventory and cash register
- Follows and implements café policies and procedures
- Manages vendors and maintains inventory
- Responsible for keeping café area clean, neat and orderly
- Communicates with Director for the order of any supplies needed for the café
- Ensures all items are stocked and presented neatly and demonstrates cleanliness and bacteria management techniques.
- This position may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned