BRIDGES is currently looking for a Program Specialist with Home Care experience to assist in processing weekly timesheets from Personal Assistants working in the field. Experience with processing payroll for home care is preferred but not necessary and experience with EVV systems is a plus.
The Program Specialist assumes responsibility for all pre and post-employment activities related to consumers hiring their Personal Assistants in the CDPA program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities
- Familiarity with the overall concept of Medicaid and the home care industry
- Familiarity with the Independent Living Philosophy and CDPA
- Bilingual/Spanish a must
- Capable of communicating with and in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally for meetings and worker enrollments when needed
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Effective and collaborative team player
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage.
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the Medicaid Fraud & Abuse exclusion check
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifying time sheets in order to process payroll.
- Must have strong customer service skills, excellent phone skills and strong eye for detail.
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry
- Monitor and communicate with staff and participants regarding information that may affect the status of a personal assistant, including; health assessment status, Medicaid exclusion, work permit or ID expiration, etc., to ensure compliance
- Attend agency-sponsored in-service/trainings
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protect Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel and fiscal policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong attention to detail, ensuring work is accurate and complete, and adhere to all established deadlines
- Remain current in all agency required trainings
- Additional duties as assigned