Date: Sep 14, 2020
Location: W. Nyack, NY, US, 10994
Company: BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ASSET CONTROL MANAGER (ACM)
Responsible for safety, loss prevention, receiving, and asset and inventory control. Oversees and directs the work of Team Members in the asset protection and receiving/inventory control departments. Maintains a safe club environment by practicing theft deterrence. Manages physical and systemic receiving, processes damages and defective returns, and ensures inventory accuracy in the front and back of the club. Monitors and executes all company asset control programs. Acts as a key holder for the club.
The manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage the entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure excellent Member engagement, to address any and all concerns brought to the MOD’s attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate. The manager could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of the manager’s scheduled shifts.
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs safety inspections. Instructs on accident prevention techniques and assists in accident investigations. Handles worker’s compensation and general liability rates.
- Develops/teaches loss prevention programs. Ensures that merchandise and fixtures are protected from theft. Investigates internal and external theft. Reports shrink results.
- Manages receiving, inventory control, and cash office functions. Oversees count programs and drives operational shrink deterrence.
- Performs computer room functions, including reporting and signage. Ensures all signage is accurate.
- Processes and ensures the accuracy of damage and defective returns.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the asset protection and receiving/inventory control departments and team members that are performing cash office functions through selection, training, managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service to all Members.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Prior loss prevention, asset protection, safety, and/or inventory control experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Occasionally requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City