Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company, comprised of more than 25 brands. We are leaders in global footwear, apparel and accessories, available in more than 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and fulfilled with our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Sales Associate: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Off the Wall is a state of mind. Thinking differently and creating self-expression. As one of our passionate, fun and dedicated Sales Associates, you will bring Off the Wall to life. You will thrive in an authentic environment where we focus on elevating the customer experience by creating an industry leading atmosphere for our customers. As our Sales Associate, you will maintain the voice of our brand by engaging our customers in genuine conversation and selling our original and innovative product. You are an invaluable part of a team where individuality and authenticity are encouraged. If you have passion for Vans and are looking for a company dedicated to providing development opportunities to grow employees into the future business leader of tomorrow, the Vans family is for you. Vans. The Original since 1966.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Sales: Demonstrates a customer centric mindset by modeling selling behaviors with a passion for the brand, customer, and the product. Delivers results in their role that contribute to the store’s success. Aware of and accountable to store and individual sales goals.
• Brand Experience/Customer Service: Exemplifies an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty. Provide solutions and inspiration to customers about the brand.
• Working with the Team: Works collaboratively with the store team to achieve store objectives and sales results. Maintains a positive attitude and is flexible to the changing needs of the customer and the business.
• Store Standards: Ensures product is always available to the customer and represented in a compelling way that is consistent with visual guidelines. Ensures the store is consistently recovered and customer ready every day meeting brand standards on the sales floor and in the back stockroom areas.
• Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Adheres to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Complies with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Reports any and all concerns to management.
• Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and Vans.
Skills for Success:
• Previous retail or service-oriented experience preferred but not required
• Ability to work with a team to exceed sales results
• Ability to meet business goals by meeting and exceeding sales goals
• Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
• Engaging verbal and nonverbal communication skills
• Able to meet performance expectations
• Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a retail environment and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Standing required for entire work shift
• Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
Submitted your application and wondering what’s next?
As part of our application process, you will be invited to complete a HireVue OnDemand video via email. This is the first step in the process to be considered for an in-person interview and our opportunity to learn more about your passion, creativity, and individuality. All we ask is you be your authentic self.
Opportunities go fast! Please complete your HireVue OnDemand video as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of success to join the Vans family. If you have any issues with your HireVue on-demand interview, please reach out to HireVue Support [email protected]