BRIDGES operates a variety of programs guided by the Philosophy of Independent Living to provide services and supports for individuals with disabilities to experience autonomy in all areas of living.
The Employment Advocate is responsible for coaching and assisting people served who are interested in employment or vocational services. The Employment Advocate will serve in all aspects of employment such as job coaching, resume building and placement of employment.
- An Associate’s Degree plus a minimum of one year experience in a similar capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Working Knowledge of Gmail and Google applications
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Ability to become proficient on other software products as utilized by the position
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; able to interact with all levels of associates in a respectful, confidential manner
- Strong familiarity with disability issues and capable of communicating in a manner that is culturally sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Effective and collaborative team player
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage(this position will involve working offsite at a partner location, must be able to travel locally)
- Must be cleared and maintain an acceptable record under the criminal background check process
- Maintain strong work ethic and strict adherence to code of ethics, standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Empower individuals to advance their autonomy to obtain and retain gainful employment
- Provide job coaching services and placement for students
- Ability to connect with students and establish relationships
- Share Interview tips and role playing for a successful interview experience
- Offer job development services and assist in applying for jobs or employment planning
- Provide job coaching supports for individuals for supported employment with need for intensive supports or services.
- Provide advocacy for individuals facing obstacles, barriers, or accessibility issues at the workplace/employment
- Maintain accurate record keeping, note taking, and data entry.( Must be able to maintain solid documentation on all people served)