Full-Time Management Position Available!
Finish Line is now in Macy's!
Finish Line and Macy's have partnered to create a one of a kind retail experience inside of the Macy's Footwear Departments, and we have built a brand new Finish Line location right inside of the Macy's in the Palisades Center. We are currently conducting interviews for the full-time management position, called the “Full-Time Sales Lead”. This position is the highest level of in-store management for the Finish Line-Macy’s store! Finish Line offers:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for additional incentive pay
- Opportunities for advancement and long term career growth
- Benefits and employee discounts
We are looking forward to telling you about this one of a kind opportunity. To learn more, please send your resume to Tony Brown at: [email protected].
Sales Associates - Seasonal are responsible for assisting customers with their shopping needs and providing them with a great shopping experience on a Temporary/Seasonal basis. Sales Associates must be knowledgeable about Wet Seal merchandise, understand current fashion trends, and convey the Wet Seal fashion and style. Sales Associates may also process transactions and perform store visual merchandising responsibilities and other duties as assigned by management.
Customer Service / Sales
• Greets and offers service to all customers
• Assists the customer by coordinating and selling merchandise that effectively meets and exceeds her/his needs
• Achieves selling standards and goals on a consistent basis to increase productivity
• Provides merchandise information and current fashion tips to increase sales and customer satisfaction
• Suggests, opens and activates the Frequent Buyer Card
• Processes sales/return transactions promptly and efficiently
• Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash operations and paperwork
• May be required to accompany management for banking deposits
• Maintains displays, fills in merchandise on sales floor, and assists in floor-set execution.
• Assists in maintaining store’s presentation, rack placement, signage, mannequins, windows, etc and are consistent with Wet Seal practices and management direction
• Returns merchandise from fitting room to selling floor
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of store and backroom
• Processes merchandise shipments as needed
• Understands and follows all company policies and procedures
• Adheres to company guidelines of reliability, including attendance and schedule requirements
• Completes other duties as assigned by Store Management
Part Time Sales Associate:
Responsible for driving top line sales by driving unit sales at a high velocity. Responsible for selling all types of product to customers, meet and greet customers, transfer or receive liquidated merchandise from the Skechers Concept and Outlet locations. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell multiple products to customers, meet and greet, service customers.
2. Engage customer in conversation –product knowledge.
3. Heavy amounts of stock functions: stock processing, filling and stocking floor racks and back-stock racks, in-store inventories, shifting bins and walls of product, etc. Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by associates may be heavy (warehouse environment).
4. Ensure that Warehouse store visual standards are met, including proper product placement, advertisement displays are arranged appropriately to promote sales, etc.
5. Price merchandise boxes.
6. Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
7. Answers customer’s questions concerning merchandise.
8. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill if trained to do so.
9. Accepts payment and makes change if trained to do so.
10. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
11. Cleans shelves, counters, tables, floors and overall
Part Time or Full Time Assistant Manager:
This is a Lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by the store manager. Assist the store manager with recruiting, staffing, developing, training, coaching and supervising employees on best warehouse store processes. Responsible for ensuring daily operations and warehouse store standards are achieved within budgeted goals and expectations. Responsible for documenting daily incidents either from customers or employees and communicate to management how this was handled. Responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell multiple products to customers, meet and greet, service customers.
2. Delegates and oversees tasks directed by store manager to employees.
3. Ensure that Warehouse store visual standards are met at all times by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU’s. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (IE: end caps, floor stacks and hash racks are full and properly maintained to standards).
4. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
5. Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
6. Answer customer’s questions concerning merchandise.
7. Totals prices and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
8. Accepts payment and makes change.
9. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
10. Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
11. Calculates sales discount to determine price.
12. Confer with management to ensure that banking deposits are made daily.
13. Partner with store manager in filling open-to-hire positions by recruiting and hiring new employees based on warehouse store needs and standards.
14. Assist the store manager by recruiting staff using a variety of recruitment strategies (IE: cold calling, building a network to include a talent pool of qualified candidates for future positions).
15. Assist store manager in the development of all employees by training them in the following: heavy amounts of stock processing, pricing of boxes, filling and stocking floor racks and back-stock racks, store maintenance, product knowledge, product placement, store operations, warehouse merchandising standards, warehouse customer service standards, increasing unit sales and all company policies/procedures.
16. Lead by example and work along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (IE: shifting bins and walls of product). Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy (warehouse environment).
Please send all resumes and inquiries to: [email protected]
-Hiring all locations
-Experience a must
Macy’s Palisades Center, West Nyack, NY: Holiday Interviewer/Trainer, Temporary Part Time
As a Holiday Interviewer, you will assist the HRM and AST in facilitating the Holiday screening/hiring process and perform other duties as needed. Holiday Interviewer must possess strong communication skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
Evaluate number of store interview timeslots vs. interview to hire ratios to ensure optimal efficiency.
Assist in coordinating the interview process for Store Management team.
Conduct majority of the store Holiday interviewing.
Focus on screening, interviewing and selecting quality candidates.
Review daily open job report and reconcile discrepancies.
Help AST with administrative tasks for all new hire paperwork, outside of Online Forms.
Review weekly training compliance report and make corrections, as needed.
Monitor retention strategies to ensure execution to company standard in an effort to reduce turnover
Perform other duties as needed.
Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
|Education/Experience:||External hires should have minimum of two years of administrative/and or HR experience. Internal candidates should possess leadership skills.|
|Communication Skills:||Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.|
|Mathematical Skills:||Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.|
|Reasoning Ability:||Strong customer service orientation. Demonstrate ability to collaborate as a member of a team.|
|Physical Demands:||This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.|
|Other Skills:||Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
Ability to delegate and follow through on projects in a timely manner. Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Effective prioritizing and time management skills. Should be comfortable with the use of computers.
|Work Hours:||Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening and weekends.|
Macy’s Palisades Center, West Nyack, NY: Holiday Retail Sales Associate - Temporary
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Holiday Retail Sales Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy’s magic. Holiday associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of you, Macy’s, and the purchase
- Ensuring that fitting rooms are ready for customers by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
- Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
- Learning Macy’s systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Star Reward goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality